Patients who are in a transition phase of illness or recovery and no longer require acute care services may benefit from intermediate care services. Transitional care is tailored for those who are progressing well, but need more assistance than can be provided in a home setting.
Herington Municipal Hospital Transitional Care supports patients recovering from an acute illness or surgery who no longer requite acute hospital care but are not yet ready to go home.
Herington Municipal Hospital Transitional Care is supported with evidence based best practices through a partnership with Allevant Solutions developed by Mayo Clinic and Select Medical.
We will work closely with your discharging acute care hospital to ensure a safe transition to our Transitional Care Program. We provide you with the highest quality care close to home.
- A personalized plan of care.
- Bedside Rounds that engage you, your family, and your care team to help you reach your goals.
- Hospital level nurse staffing to keep you safe and meet your needs.
- Promotes a home-like environment accommodating family and individualized activity programs, as well as therapy in several environments.
- Our on-site physician, therapy, radiology, laboratory, and pharmacy teams will address all your medical needs.
Our team is especially equipped to meet the needs of even the most complex patients.
After Complex Surgery
Cardiac, neuro, orthopedic, abdominal and more
Specialized treatments and support
Special attention for wound healing
Intravenous (I.V.) Antibiotics
To treat a variety of infections
Including physical, occupational, speech and respiratory, and an array of supportive services