We are looking for a self-motivated, compassionate, patient-focused SLP for our Critical Access Hospital; treating patients in acute, outpatient and swing bed environments. We offer a fulfilling work environment, compassionate staff, and excellent compensation and benefits. This is a PRN position.
If you are looking for an opportunity to grow personally and professionally with the ability to have an excellent work-life balance; Herington Hospital has the career for you!
Work to prevent, assess, diagnose, and treat speech, language, social communication, cognitive-communication, and swallowing disorders in children and adults.
- Diagnose, treat, and prevent speech, language, communication, and swallowing disorders.
- Create, implement and adjust treatment plans to address the individualized needs of our diverse patient population.
- Communicate patient progress to appropriate parties including patients, families, teachers and medical providers.
- Provide training and education about speech disorders, causes and disabilities to family/caregivers and other professionals.
- Work collaboratively with professionals from many other disciplines.
- Reviews treatment plan, and if needed, modifies or writes new programs.
- Maintains records as required by law and administrative regulations.
- Must possess Master’s degree in Speech-language Pathology
- Must be designated as a Licensed Speech Language Pathologist and eligible to practice in the state of Kansas.
Herington, Kansas has a population of about 2,300 and offers a strong school district, golf course, disc golf course, Herington Lake & Reservoir, and outdoor recreation. Herington is located about 45 minutes from Manhattan, KS and 1-1/2 hours from Wichita, offering a family friendly rural community life just a short drive from large city amenities.